We call it the new AMD FX 8-Core Processor Black Edition and it''s unlocked for your overclocking pleasure.1 Experience unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with the industry''s first 32nm 8-core desktop processor. Get the speed you crave with AMD Turbo CORE Technology to push your core frequencies to the limit when you need it most. Go beyond the limits of maximum speed with easy-to-use AMD OverDrive™ and AMD Catalyst Control Center™ software suites. But the best part of all? You''ll get all this impressive performance at an unbelievable price. You''ll be asking yourself "what competition?" in no time.
• The industry''s first and only native 8-core desktop processor for unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with all-new "Bulldozer" architecture.
• New 32 nanometer die shrink designed to reduce leakage for improved efficiency, increased clock rate headroom and better thermals.
• The AMD FX Processors come equipped with AMD Turbo CORE Technology. AMD Turbo CORE Technology is a performance boosting technology that helps increase performance on the applications that need it the most.
- Advanced Vector Extensions increase parallelism tailored for scientific and 3D applications that use heavy floating point calculations
- Floating Point Vector Multiply -Accumulate improves throughput and performance on many vector functions (integer and floating point)
-Advanced Encryption Standard noticeably increase performance on the latest encryption applications like TrueCrypt and benchmarks like PCMark
AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator
• Shared FP Scheduler
• Dual 128-bit Floating point engines – capable of teaming together for 256-bit AVX instructions or operating separately with each core.
• One 16-bit link at up to 5600MT/s
• Up to 8.0GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth; Up to 16GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode
• Up to 37GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
Benefit: Quick access times to system I/O for better performance.
Integrated DRAM Controller with AMD Memory Optimizer Technology
• A high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller
• Supports up to DDR3-18662
• Supports new low voltage memories of 1.35V and 1.2V
• Up to 29.9GB/s memory bandwidth for DDR3
• New Pre-Fetcher improvements
• Direct communications to each core in Dual-Core module (APIC registers in each core)
Benefit: Optimized memory controller to feed more cores
AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) Technology with IOMMU
• Silicon feature-set enhancements designed to improve the performance, reliability, and security of existing and future virtualization environments by allowing virtualized applications with direct and rapid access to their allocated memory.
• IOMMU is an extension to AMD64 architecture to support address translation and access protection on DMA transfers
Security for User Level application and Virtual Machine guest operating system
- Address translation and access control
- Device isolation
- Device assignment in virtualized systems
- Security & trusted boot support
- Unified interrupt management
Benefit: Helps virtualization software to run more securely and efficiently enabling a better experience when dealing with virtual systems
AMD PowerNow!™ Technology (Cool''n''Quiet™ Technology)
• Enhanced power management features which automatically and instantaneously adjusts performance states and features based on processor performance requirements
• C6 power state for cache flush, and voltage down individual core
• CC6 power state allows all cores in C6 to power even lower
-For quieter operation and reduced power requirements
• Separate memory controller power control
• IO-based c-state interface
• Works automatically without the need for drivers or BIOS enablement.
• Power can be switched on or off within a single clock cycle, saving energy with no impact to performance.
Benefit: Helps users get more efficient performance by dynamically activating or turning off parts of the processor.